Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, April 8, 2011

Toilets, Revisited

Today, I was sitting in my den/office, chatting with Sarita, when The D came marching in. He said something to Sarita that was unintelligible to me. About someone sitting on glue. Turned out, in our very own city of good abode, a poor, unsuspecting victim sat on the toilet at WalMart and, thanks to super-glue, couldn't stand up. The ambulance came, detached the toilet seat, and took him to the hospital to remove the seat from his poor, poor ass. How embarassing.

Don't get me wrong. I love practical jokes, but I try to avoid the ones that could involve the police or an ambulance. CPR. Or trips to the health department for STD testing. Well, never mind about that last one. Sometimes, people deserve that.


Good day. Took The D to the plant nursery. Bought tomato and cucumber plants, some bell peppers, impatiens, begonias, two Kimberly Queen ferns for the front porch, and a few other things.

It got pretty hot, and those greenhouses are extra humid. Still, I think he enjoyed our outing. Can't wait for the fruits of his labors. OMG - his tomatoes are soooo good. And it'll be so good for him. He loves the routine of tending to a garden.

After our nursery trip, we unloaded my car at the new house and I took him back home. I headed back and did a little unpacking. Texted JoJo to stop by. We had a little drinkie poo, drew pictures of each other, and danced around my den to Kelly Clarkson and Ke$ha. So much fun. I'm back home now. Staring at a Tennessee Franchise and Excise tax return. Gotta get it signed by client at 1:30 meeting tomorrow. I think it'll be an early morning. It won't take 10 minutes if I can just focus.

I think I'm gonna make it through next week. And after that, I have some great plans for letting my hair down. Among other things...

No comments:

Post a Comment