Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Conundrum

I'm in one.  Actually, three or four.  Or five.  Unfortunately, I have trouble making decisions.  Which is the only reason I can go to the mall and leave without spending one red cent.  In spite of having two X chromosomes.  But I think like a man.  And sometimes, I act like one, too.  Not like a lady.  I won't elaborate except to mention my inner frat boy.  If you could see my bedroom...  Delta Tau Chi has nothing on me. 

And that, my friend, is why I'm destined to be a lonely old woman with too many dogs.  Which is better than being a cat-lady.  Since I'm allergic to cats, and I'm tired of cleaning up after Beulah the Bulimic Cat, and I love Lucy so much, I'd call myself a canineophile.  If that's a word. 

It doesn't help that B the BC has become so neurotic that she peed on me when I tried to carry her into The D's living room for a nice little visit.  Lucy is great with cats.  She doesn't blink an eye.  But the Charlie incident was traumatic.  B had a near-death experience.  It's a long story, though, so I'll save it for later.

I saw an ad in the paper today.  Border collie puppies for sale.  OMG.  This is one of my conundrums.

Another involves a classified ad for a financial analyst in today's paper.  Wow.  I can't think of anything more exiting.  Seriously.  Unfortunately, I'm afraid it wouldn't mesh well with my Daddler responsibilities.  But then, I wonder if we could work out a seasonal arrangement of sorts.  Kinda like my auditor days.  I worked lots of hours during the first 3 1/2 months of the year and took it easy for the remainder.  And since earnings season is the first month of each quarter, I'm thinking I could finagle my way into a trial run.  I'm not sure.  Hence, the conundrum.

Well, that's all for now.  I'm going to work on my resume.  In case I decide to apply for the f/a job.  After that, I'm going to try my hand at the grill.  Using The D's method.  Which is incredible...

No comments:

Post a Comment