Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day

It's tomorrow, in case you didn't know.  Amazingly, I not only have a gift for The Daddler, but I've wrapped it!  Kiddo bought a grandpa card, which I'll sign.  Don't tell, but I bought him a really cool AM/FM/weather band clock radio.  It's rechargeable.  The last time we had a tornado threat, he asked me about his weather radio.  It was ancient and I'd given it to Goodwill.  I felt guilty.  He likes to keep abreast of the weather.

One of the selling points of the Good House was the walk-in closet in The D's master suite.  He and Mother used to hunker down in theirs when the tornado sirens were blaring.  Mother would call me the next day to check on us, and invariably, I'd slept through the storm.  I used to be a very heavy sleeper.  Pre-Lucy.  And Pre-Bulimic Beulah.  And Pre-Kiddo.  After Beulah threw up on me one night, I'm constantly on guard for retching sounds.  And of course, when you have a baby, you hear every little sound.  Oh, I forgot about the Psycho Squirrel right out of Caddy Shack.  That landed me into group therapy.  Which only contributed to my sleep-deprived insanity.  That's a very, very long story.  Think of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.  Sans ECT. 

I can't talk about the Lucy sitch right now.  Let's just say that she's been a little, ummm, neurotic.  It's somewhat of a love/hate relationship.  She made big points today, though, when she charmed my great (or is it grand?) niece and nephew.  So sweet.  I'm still mad about my sandals, though.

We had a great pre-Father's Day lunch.  I had a nice nap.  Took it easy.  Even had a nice little respite with Kiddo on the patio.  We're actually getting along these days.

It's almost 8, so I'm gonna mosey on along.  Enjoy my incredibly cool and efficient new HVAC system.  I need to give Lu-Lu a bath.  Why, oh why, does she roll in the dirt?  It's funny.  I was thinking about my friend's dog Charlie, who was attacked by a neighbor's dog named Sally, and my Lucy.  And the fact that she's a regular Pig Pen.  Forget about the Tao of Pooh.  Peanuts has all the answers... 

No comments:

Post a Comment