Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cyan, continued...

...I'm pleased to report that I've added more blue to my poor, battered body. Of course, my face and hands are covered with blue ink and there's the mysterious bruise on my jaw (I promise, it wasn't a left hook from anyone from Sprint or Comcast). I look like a dalmation on my legs and arms. Except with blue, purple, yellow and brown spots (new and used bruises). I'm clumsy to start with, so moving's been pretty hard on my body.

Here's the story of my newest and by far, the largest, bruise. So fresh in fact, that it hasn't appeared yet.

I decided to take a run this morning. The rain finally abated. When I'm angry or frustrated, if I put on my shoes and run as hard and fast as I can, I forget my troubles for a while. Believe me, it's the biggest reason I've never been arrested for domestic violence.

I started out sprinting and then slowed to a canter. I rounded the corner to my street and saw the playground. I decided to do the horizontal ladder on the monkey bars. The thing where you hang by your hands and make your way from one end to the other. It's about 10 feet off the ground. I jumped up on the bar and grabbed the first rung. Unfortunately, it was wet. I flew off and landed on my butt, hard. Rolled back all the way to my neck, which I strained trying to keep my head from hitting the ground. Thank god I didn't hit my head on the bar I'd used to climb up.

I lay there a minute or two. Looked around to see if anyone was watching. Nope. Which is good AND bad. What if I'd been paralyzed or knocked unconscious? I got up and brushed the pine bark off my butt and ran the short, downhill distance to my house.

So here I sit, my weight on my left cheek, blogging instead of working. I'll close now and head to my church client. Get the heck outta Dodge. Very carefully...

No comments:

Post a Comment