Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Who Knew?

I've been accused of being a Henny Penny. I thought it was kinda cute. Sometimes it does feel like the sky is falling. What saves me is knowing it'll pass.

Lately, though, it gets too intense. And I have nowhere to go. It's 3 in the afternoon and The D will need to eat in another couple hours. Sarita gave him a turkey sandwich for lunch, so he's gonna be expecting a hot meal. If I weren't so guilt ridden over the fact that I'm overdue on his pacemaker check, it might not be such a big deal.

I called the cardiologist's nurse's secretary's voice mail today. Left a message. Might hear from her next week. Or not at all. I wish I could take him there tomorrow and get it the fuck out of the way. Except I have major client meeting and gotta ship Kiddo to the dark continent.

I called the company in Michigan which calls me every other day with a warning that I'm overdue on the pacemaker phone thing. I can't find the fuckin' thing. Sarita keeps coming up with a blood pressure machine. I tell her it looks like a secret spy decoder device with a cradle for the phone. Even if we find it, who the hell knows if it'll work since I'm now with Com-Fuckin-Crap. They said cell phones don't work. What's up with this house. Was it a CIA safe house? Totally secure from electromagnetic transmissions? Who'd think to look for a spy in a church parsonage?

Ok, Michigan company is sending me a new device. It should arrive by next Thursday. The same day I'll spend a minimum of three hours waiting to see The D's neurologist. Who'll slap my wrist when I try to give The Daddler hints to answer those memory questions. I should probably step into the hall, because I so desperately want him to pass the test. I can't help myself.

Back to the pacemaker machine. I've looked in every single place in this house. Can't find it. Even if I did, I don't know how to use it. Mother told me about it. But never got a chance to show me. One day she was alive. Three weeks later, she was gone. I miss her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment