Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Homecoming

Kiddo's coming home today, after his freshman year at college. He's had a great year. I've been too busy to miss him. Until now. So much has happened since he left in August. Mother died in October, and of course, The Daddler burst onto the scene. Shingles and all. We soldiered through the holidays. Then came tax season. Huge stressor. It'll take me two months to catch up. The move to Good House. Changing wireless carriers. Oh, and don't forget the Comcrap debacle.

Some good things were sprinkled in, too. Spring came. Sarita saved our lives. Seriously. I need to devote an entire post to that angel. We celebrated Mother's birthday in March. We met the sweetest couple at the senior center. Who happened to have an eligible, if confirmed, bachelor son. Whatever happens with Dude, I've found a surrogate mother. She's wonderful. The D has a new lease on life. He's acting 15 years younger. In case you haven't noticed, he's driving me to distraction much less often these days.

I'm still very pressured. A million things I have GOT to do. And soon. Put my parents' house on the market. Finish fixing it up, first. And moving the rest of their shit. I still haven't filed for life insurance or done the rest of the paperwork for The D's VA benefits.

I haven't paid my utility bill for Good House. Better do that. The cutoff notice came. They said I'd have to go to one of their branches to change the account over to prove I own it. WTF's up with that? Yuck. File mine and The D's tax returns. Double yuck. Register my new LLC with the TN Secretary of State. Catch up on client work. Do my biz books for 2010 (so I can file tax return). Try not to wait until a year from now to do 2011's. I still haven't billed one of my clients for February fees. And it's time for April billing.

Ok, this is making me panic. I'm gonna get back to getting this house in some semblance of order so Kiddo will be pleasantly surprised. I can't wait to see his reaction.

I'm hoping this summer will be much better than last. He's heading to Tanzania at the end of the month. For a month. He'll climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
I love this picture of him at the top of a mountain in Spain two summers ago.He's become quite an adventurer. Maybe it's time I start learning from him...

No comments:

Post a Comment