Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What is it with me?

I knew I spoke too soon in my last post when I said today was gonna be better. In the last hour, both my wall phone and my cell phone have dropped at least a half dozen calls. Then The D beckoned me to his room to show me his malfunctioning big-ass TV. No signal. He told me that he'd turned it on when he went to bed last night and it wouldn't work so he just turned it off and went to sleep. He said this with a strong note of derision in his voice.

I couldn't find the remote to the TV so I resorted to the buttons on the side of the TV. Switched input to HDMI 1. No cigar. HDMI 2. Same. A couple more. Nothing. HDMI 3. Bingo. I marched into the living room and told him I'd fixed it. Of course, he had to come see it for himself. No positive response along the lines of, "Thank you", "You're a smart girl", "Wow, you can do anything!" You get the idea. Nothing's ever good enough for him.

I decided to head to my favorite discount store to buy some pots for the big ferns on the front porch. They've blown over a thousand times. Sheila (housekeeper) was here. I backed out, being careful not to hit her car. I didn't. I did, however, hit my house. I heard a big crunching sound. Put the car into first gear and pulled forward. More crunching. I got out of the car and walked around. Big dent in fender plus lots of scrapes. The good news is that I didn't break a tail light and I think I can still open the gas cap. This makes my fourth accident in seven months. I rear-ended a car at a red light while mother was in the hospital. I hydroplaned and hit a street sign. I backed into a beamer in the Laurelwood parking lot. Now this. A thousand bucks a pop. I paid the rear-end one out of my pocket. I think I'll have to do it for this one, too. Or I won't be able to afford my insurance.

I came back in the house and told Sheila I wasn't leaving. Back to my office. Good cry.

Now I'm just waiting for The D to ask me what happened. He's out planting begonias now. It's 11:11 so it's time to start on his lunch.

I suppose I should go scrounge around for something. And think of ways to improve my Karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment