Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, May 6, 2011


I went to the brand, spankin' new, really special Kroger. I was enjoying the really cool patio surrounded by ferns and petunias and so many other beautiful plants. Someone had the genius idea of using plants for sale to adorn a great outdoor seating area. Convenient, because Dude called, right when I found a $5 clearance potted petunia for The D. So I plopped down on a little bistro table and chatted. He asked me if I'd exercised restraint last night. Hell, it was Cinco de Mayo. Isn't that reason to cut loose? Actually, I was too tired to get into mischeif. It was nice that he was concerned, though.

I got The D a veggie plate from the "Bistro to Go" thing. Brussel sprouts, mac & cheese and sweet potato casserole. And a cornbread muffin. He was a happy camper.

Got home. Fed Daddler. Planted three or four ferns and six rosemary cuttings I'd rooted. Watered Sly's grave/fern. Admired The D's handiwork. Damn, he's been busy.

Ok, all of a sudden I'm exhausted. I might heat up a little of that mac & cheese. Go to bed. And wake up early to finish my work on Kiddo's room.

Love him. Miss him. That'll last for three days...

No comments:

Post a Comment