Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, May 9, 2011

Enough already...

...I screamed at The D today. First time ever. The combo of surly kid and surly daddler was just too much. I won't go into the details. They're not interesting in the least. The gist is that once more, my efforts went unappreciated. And I was disrespected. I fulfilled my familial responsibilities today. No small feat. I had to haul my ass to MLGW and wait with the unwashed masses to prove that I was who I said I was and that I owned my home. So I could pay my fuckin' bill and not get my utilities cut off. Because, god forbid, if I paid someone else's bill without actually owning the house, they'd be screwed. And if my credit was bad, they'd be forced to cut off my utilities. Even though I'd paid the fuckin' utilities, if I hadn't jumped through hoops today, that wouldn't be good enough. Can you imagine The Daddler if NEITHER of his big ass TVs worked?

While I was at it, I asked to change the address on old house, but since the account is listed in former husband's name, I'm mere chattel. Never mind that we owned the house jointly and he quit-claimed it to me when we divorced, or that I paid every single bill for 21 years. Never mind that anyone at all can look at the property tax records online and see who owns what and how much they paid for it and if they paid their taxes and if they added on and how many square feet they have and if they have electric or gas heat. Fuck that. I'm supposed to take a fuckin' "divorce agreement" to prove that I have the right to pay the bill on the house I own. By the way, in Tennessee, it's called a Marital Dissolution Agreement. MDA for short. Fuck these fuckin' bureaucratic bastards.

Damn. Where did all this vitriol come from? The D and Kiddo, that's where. I'm gonna head to bed. Increase my carbon footprint and turn the AC down to 60 and keep the windows open so I can hear the leaves rustle tonight and the birds chirp in the morning. Brush my teeth and wash my face and sleep naked and not worry about having to run out of the house wrapped in a sheet if the house catches on fire. In other words, I'm going to live dangerously. Seize the day. And chant my mantra. IDGAF...

No comments:

Post a Comment