Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, May 8, 2011


Deb came by a little while ago to take The D to lunch and to the cemetery. She bought flowers. Pink carnations, pink roses and baby's breath. I asked her if I could have a few of them. After all, they'll just wilt on the grave. I took 2/3 of them, hoping I didn't seem irreverant to her or The D. I wasn't up to going, so I stood in the driveway and waved goodbye. I headed to the kitchen with the flowers I'd kept. Miraculously found my ribbon stash. Decided to use 2 milk glass vases and an old milk bottle - Mother collected them. I cut and arranged with abandon. One for Deb (with the most flowers), one for The D, and a simple, single rose for me.

I'm happy with the results. I hope Deb and The D will be, too.

It's been a sweet day with Kiddo. He made a Mother's day card for me. Signed it Debbie. Because, for some strange reason, when I'm around them both, I call get their names mixed up. It's a Daddler thing, I suppose.

I ran a mile or so and stopped by the playground for a quick swing. Tried monkey bars but abandoned it after the first rung.

Saw neighbors in their yard taking pictures. It's a thing I do to ask if they want everyone in the picture. They were delighted. I told them we were neighbors. Very sweet.

They were in their Sunday Best and I was all sweaty in obscenely short and tight running shorts. Only thing I could come up with. Oh, well.

Got home and Kiddo was up. He wanted me to ride with him. Teach him how to drive a stick. I think I'll let him take my Subaru to college this fall. AWD and antilock breaks give me comfort. That means I'll be stuck in the minivan. The sacrifices...

He was terrible in first. Damn, I think I got whiplash. Bless his heart. It's kinda tough. We drove up to the GreenLine and there was a cop at the crossing. Kiddo stalled out about 5 times and I explained that he was learning. No arrests ensued.

So here I sit. Deb has the D. Kiddo's practicing the stick shift. And I'm blogging. And trying not to miss mother. Or dude.

Can't wait to give Deb her little bouquet of roses and carnations. And put a vase by The D's bed. And a simple rose by mine.

I think I'll head to the shower. I'm feeling sweaty and gross.

Hope your M-Day is wonderful. Mine could be lot worse...

No comments:

Post a Comment