Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Cyan I Am

As in blue. Literally.

Last night, I decided to take a break from the endless series of futile attempts involving my cell phone, email login, cable box/tv/remote, scanner power cord... I could go on and on, but you get the idea.

Soooo, I thought I'd print a few pictures on my never-fail color printer. Love it. I put its power cord back (I'd had to borrow it for the scanner) and hooked it up. I actually found my photo paper. Successfully printed a picture. Wow, something worked for a change.

The printer message popped up like usual saying the cyan and black cartridges were dangerously low. I ignored it like always - I'm sure they sell more cartridges by displaying the warning way early. Same with laser toner. I always pull out the toner cartridge and shake it. It works wonders and I get lots more copies that way. I keep spares on hand so when my ink and toner cartridges finally peter out, I'm not stranded.

My cyan finally gave up the ghost. I opened a new cartridge, but lo and behold, it didn't work. Must've been dried up, even though it was sealed. I opened another one, and it was anything but dried up. The ink started running out all over my hands. Miraculously, there's only one spot on my carpet. Not so on me. Somehow, I wound up with blue on my cheek and chin. A nice complement to the mysterious bruise on my jaw.

And lemme tell ya. The ink is definitely indelible. So here I sit. Blue. Literally. But I'm happy to report, not figuratively. IDGAF. One more tilt at a windmill. Canon's. Telling them to send me two cyan cartridges.

If I have the time. And sanity...

No comments:

Post a Comment