Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It's Gonna Be OK...

...I'm sure of it.

I've learned to adapt. Today I met with one of my clients, who happens to be a judge at the Memphis in May BBQ Festival. The flood came and at the 11th hour, the venue was changed to the fairgrounds. He said it was great. No mud. Electrical outlets galore. Easy ingress/egress. Pipkin building was the perfect HQ. Sure, it's not the same as the river. But so what. I love tradition, but dontcha think sometimes it's time to start new ones.

As a Memphian (who happens to pay property taxes on three homes), I like the idea of using some of our neglected, uncool assets for good things. Should I mention The Pyramid? Shyster Sidney Shlenker? Who took us for a ride?

All I ask is for a GD referendum before these grifters we call public officials make unilateral decisions based on who has the fattest envelope or where their offspring work. Can we say kickback? Don't even get me started on our fucked up local political cesspool. It makes even me lean left - I voted for Cohen, even though the lottery is a regressive tax. I know it's not that simple. Nothing ever is.

And really, that's why I belong to the IDGAF party. Because I really do not care. It's like religion for me. I'll never find one I agree with completely. So when I vote for the McCain/Palin ticket because I like Sarah's hair, it's because IDGAF and I think she'd make the news fun. Not that I watch the news. Plus, I like to fuck with all these left wingers with whom I seem to be surrounded.

Turns out, FF is crazy, freakishly liberal. Can I say Biden? Who can like him? He's a dunce. If not for his cute, blonde, smart wife, he'd be a justice of the peace. He must have something on Barack. Or more likely, Michelle just wanted her around.

Ok, the ranting has worn me out. I really am happy. Even in this back-water town.

Random thought. WTF did Billy Joe McAllister throw off the Tallahatchie bridge? A friend said it was a record collection. I thought it was the poor dead baby. I'm thinking it was the head of the asshole ex-BF who told BJ about the abortion. And BJ must've been a republican.

No comments:

Post a Comment