Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Serene Sunday

Any shreds of yesterday's bad mood evaporated this morning. Right along with the morning mist. I woke to fresh, cool air and the sound of chirping birds from the open window in my Enchanted Airie. Heavenly.

The Daddler went to Church next door. He said they've been saying nice things about the Good House. I know he's proud of his hard work in the yard.

This is the third week he's gone to church there. So cool that he can walk there. Such a relief not to have to drive all the way out to Cordova. Or go to church.

That reminds me. The rapture is scheduled for next Saturday. May 21st. Wonder if getting saved twice as a kid will count? I have a feeling that all my bad talk about the baptist bastards will cancel that out. Not to mention my excessive use of the word "fuck." If I believed in hell, I'd be worried. Actually, I think things'll be better if all the fanatics go away.

More about my blissful day. I made soup for The D. Totally random. Started with Kielbasa. Just a little chopped up. Then celery, carrots and onions - the holy trinity. According to Emeril, anyway. Beef bouillion. Potatoes. Some Kosher cole slaw. And crumbled up cornbread.

I'm kinda dangerous in the kitchen, but this turned out great. The D pronounced it "pretty good." And I didn't slice off a fingertip.

I have a graduation party to attend at 6:00. Gonna stop by FF's parents and take them some soup. I know, I'm shameless. Actually, I'm not worried about dude one bit. He'll be damn lucky to have me. Gonna hedge my bets, though, and start shopping health insurance. COBRA runs out in 2 1/2 months. Same day I celebrate (or ignore) the quinquagenary of my birth. Sounds much better than semicentennial, dontcha think?

50 fuckin' years. Damn. How did I get so old? I'm more than halfway through with my time on earth. Except if the world ends Saturday, it's more like 99.9999%. At least that way, I won't have to worry about health insurance.

Sometimes I feel like I'm seven years old. Like today. After my run. I cooled off with a little swinging session at the park. Closed my eyes even. I've never messed with hallucinogens, but I have a feeling this must be similar. Don't get me wrong. I'm no Timothy Leary. Lortab makes me throw up and Darvocet knocks me on my ass. Luckily, no sprained ankles or broken forearms lately. Really great story about the broken arm. Complete with country music star, bond daddy, skirt over my head (with fellow CPAs swarming around, no less), frozen elbow which made driving a stick shift and brushing my teeth next to impossible.

Ok, this is turning into Bizzaro-World. Gonna get shower. Figure out some transitional outfit in which to make my appearance at grad party.

Hope The Daddler's late lunch will tide him over until the morning. And that Kiddo will arrive safely home with scrips and grad card. He's lovin' the Subaru. I'm hatin' the minivan. I heard an ad for a Volvo lease for $300/mo today. Cannot do that. Since I drive my cars for a minimum of 10 years and 75k miles, it'd be stupid to lease.

Crap, I'm so random. I own it, though. How many people can say that?

Over and out.

Oh, one last thing. Go Griz! Big game in OKC. Right now. Since I have ex-BF there, I care about the outcome. But that's been 26 years ago. And punitive. Damn...

No comments:

Post a Comment