Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, July 11, 2011

Inertia

That's a pretty good description of where I am. I'm the object at rest, though, not the one moving steadily on a straight path. I've used the word "torpor" before. With regard to the animal kingdom. Kind of like hibernation, but not as deep. These are synonyms.

After pulling an all-nighter Friday and taking the whole weekend to recover, I'm still not my usual peppy self. My knee is fine as long as I don't squat. I wanted to run today, but since the heat index is 113 degrees, it wasn't hard to talk myself out of it. Besides, the handyman is coming to install The Daddler's grab bars. Actually, he's coming to talk about installing The D's grab bars. He comes highly recommended and I made a big long wish list of projects for him to do. I think this is going to be a major LTR (long-term relationship). Too bad FF is so far away. He can do anything. Actually, I can do lots of things, and figure out some things (except instant potatoes in garbage disposals), but there's the time factor. And the matter of having the right tools. And the fact that watching HGTV is no substitute for actual experience. Plus, for some of that stuff, it helps to have a little upper body strength.

That reminds me of Easter weekend - the first time I met FF in person - face to face. I proudly flexed my bicep and told him to feel it, and he said, "Ok, I'm ready." Smart ass. He probably followed that comment with, "Don't hurt yourself."

I spent all morning at the cardiologist's office with The D. His blood pressure was somewhat elevated. Probably because I made no fewer than three U-turns because he was confused about which doc we were going to see. His cardiologist and urologist are brothers. Tomorrow is the other brother. Urologist. Since I have no memory or sense of direction and was talking on my cell phone, my driving was a little, ummm, erratic.

I need to go check the purple-hull peas I'm cooking. Time for another skillet of cornbread. I'll have to figure out something to go with it.

All for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment