Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Orgasmic Macaroni & Cheese


Is it possible to trigger an orgasm with Mac & Cheese? I contend that it is. But then, I'm very hard up. Also, I've mastered M&C. Not to be confused with mastering my domain.

See, here's the deal. I get fixated on something until I perfect it. Pralines come to mind. Chocolate chip cookies. And M&C. The key, as any good cook will tell you, is good ingredients. Unless you're an old southern lady, and in that case, you can open five cans and make the most incredible casserole known to man. I have a feeling these are the same ladies who leave out an ingredient when they give you a recipe you've begged them for. Still.

My M&C recipe requires a roux. It's not that tricky and but it requires total devotion, and is so satisfying. If you don't think lump or two are the end of the world.

So, I had medium cheddar, Jarlsburg, and some good Parm Reggiano. The real deal. Plus, I had a pound of macaroni. Stroke of luck. Plenty of butter. Some flour without weevils.

Did it by the book. It's in the oven now. Gotta figure out something to serve with it. Unlike me, The D is not content with one perfect thing. And believe me, this is perfect.

If I were serious about FF, I'd make it for him. But I'm afraid it would put his frittata to shame and that would hurt his pride. Plus, I can only devote myself to one man at a time. And The Daddler gets that honor for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment