Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, July 22, 2011

A Real, Honest to God, TGIF

First one in a long time. No Saturday meeting. So here I sit, feeling no pressure at all. Like the great big blob of protoplasm I am.

It turned out to be one of those days, but nothing terrible. I never had a chance to call and rant at Salesman, and since it's late Friday afternoon, I decided I'd wait, so as not to ruin his weekend. I'm so tender-hearted.

Kiddo is leaving soon to go white-water rafting in East Tennessee with another family. Not a moment too soon. We had another futile debate this morning, and I'm worn out. It turns out that he's much more knowledgeable than I am because he's read "Too Big to Fail." And he's taken Econ 410. I asked him if him if it was Macro or Micro, and after a moment's (telling) hesitation, he said "Both." I asked him if he knew what M3 was. No. He asked me if I knew what CDO stood for. "Collateralized Debt Obligation." Touche.

The quiz continuted. He didn't do well. NASD - no idea. LIBOR - nope. S&P - he knew Standard & Poors. I didn't ask him how many stocks are in the Dow Jones Industrial Index. I didn't ask him to name 5 of the 30. I didn't smack the shit out of him. I asked him to lend me his book, "Too Big to Fail", the oracle of investing.

His dad came to pick him up. I said to be sure to wear a helmet on the raft to protect the precious cranium into which we've invested hundreds of thousands of dollars. The cranium I've resisted smacking soooo many times.

I decided to make Bulimic Cat an outdoor cat, but she must've overheard me because she was in hiding in no-man's land, under my huge bed in the EA.

Ok, enough blogging. I'm going to find something to do. I think it'll involve eating or drinking or talking or painting or drawing or writing limericks. Or reading in a hot bath. Painting my toenails. Hanging pictures or sewing curtains or rearranging furniture.

Or emailing. I found a couple great quotes for FF. Gonna send those now, and be on my way to other pursuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment