Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, July 22, 2011

Pills...

The D told me last night that his pill boxes were empty. I forgot. He missed last night's medicine. I feel terrible. He reminded me again this morning. I apologized profusely and he was very sweet and said it was ok.

Since I'm slammed today, I decided to get him to help me fill up the 28 compartments in the pill boxes. Stroke of genius. Or happy accident is more like it. One at a time, I poured out a pile of pills and told him to put one in each red box (morning) or blue (night). I just flipped them around so the correct side was facing him. Except for putting two pills in one slot, he did it exactly right. And seemed to enjoy it. Kinda like a little puzzle. I had to do two of them that require breaking and alternating doses, but wow, it cut my time way down. At the end, I counted to be sure there were nine pills in the blue compartments and five in the red ones. Wow, can it be that we're up to 200 pills in a two week supply? I guess so, since urologist added two more. Damn.

Well, no time to dwell on it. Relieved to have it done, but will have to go back to it since I need refills to finish the second box. So here I go, online to Walgreens. Ugh.

Oh, I'll have to tell later about barricading my bedroom door from the cat last night. Hint: 50 pounds works. Luckily, I never have to get up to pee during the night! Gotta get that door fixed...

So with a good night's sleep, today's bound to be better. And it'll feel good to rip the Salesman a new one. I'm sure I'll have lots of good blog fodder tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment