Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Girl JoJo

Her birthday was Thursday. St. Paddy's Day. Since she has a good friend who shares the same b-day, and since Thursdays are always crunch time for me, we decided to wait until today to celebrate. So, as soon as she finishes showing the 150th house to her client, she'll call me and I'll head over to her house. I tease her that her commission on my new house will be easy money. We only looked at two others. I pretty much know what I want when I see it. I'm very decisive about big things. It's the small things that give me trouble.


But there's still lots of work involved in the realtor biz. Especially since she has a full-time job and just does this on the side. So many details to tend to, and everything's a big rush. I can't believe that I'll own my new house in just five short days. Can't wait. The D and I won't move until after tax day, but I'm hoping I'll have time to choose some paint colors and have a few drunken paint parties before moving day. Strange to think I'll be living in a church parsonage.

Ok, JoJo just called and said she's on her way home, so I'd better close now. Lots more to tell about The D (he's been extra crabby lately), but that'll have to wait. I'm off to celebrate with J!


Oh, one more thing. This is totally random, but while I was doing a google image search for naughty realtors, I came across this totally unrelated gem. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. WooHoo! Congrats Carol :o)
    When's the party?
    The yankee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every night after work for the next month!

    ReplyDelete