Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Productive Procrastination...

...as defined by UrbanDictionary.com:
n. Doing stuff to keep busy while avoiding what really needs doing. When all is said and done, your room is clean, your laundry is folded -- but you haven't started your English paper.
I should really do my program. But instead, I think it's time for some productive procrastination... Where's the mop??



Damn. I've had a bad case of it today. I'm DROWNING in client work with serious deadlines, and I've done a little here and there, but here's how I've spent the better part of my day so far, in no particular order:
1) Wasted first 45 minutes Sheila (my housekeeper) regaling her with my silly little adventures. I listened a little bit, too, about her husband's permanent disability and their dilemma with health insurance and some other insignificant crap. I might sound insensitive, but she IS on the clock, after all. Ok, I hope you know I'm kidding about this. By the way, if you know anyone who needs the best, hardest-working, sweetest, most trustworthy and reliable housekeeper in the world, let me know. Just don't even think about trying to get her on Wednesday mornings!

2) Helped Sheila go through my closets showing her which clothes to pack in preparation for my move.

3) Sat at the kitchen table and had a sandwich with Sheila and actually listened to her this time.

4) Went on a walk with The D. Undid the faucet covers outside, hooked up the hose and watered the pansies.

5) Made a beautiful, artistic fruit salad for The D, complete with multicolored sprinkles. Took a picture of it.

6) Emailed Jolynna about the huge broken, dangling limbs in the tree at new house. She said the realtor said they'd picked up all the limbs in the yard. Damn. I coulda done that. They were WAY UP in the tree and could fall and kill or maim someone.

7) Emailed Jolynna about new blog idea (top secret).

8) Read Jolynna's blog post about getting into bikini shape. We have plans to walk on the GreenLine this evening, and she said she was going to make me run. So I had to come up with a smart-ass comment.

9) Sold a couple stocks.

10) Answered some client emails.

11) Looked at Amazon's Deal of the Day.

12) Talked to Kiddo twice about funding his big trip to Africa this summer. Told him to send our Private Banker his wiring instructions and to make sure he had enough in his checking account. And to let me know which of his stocks he wants to sell, or if he wants me to pick.

13) Went on the Sherwin Williams site to experiment with paint colors for the shutters and door of my new house.

14) And of course, this long and winding blogging session.

Fuck. This is horrible. And Jo just called and said she'd meet me at six at the GreenLine. I'm gonna walk there (takes me about 20 minutes), so I'd better high tail it outta here.

More later, I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment