Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Una Nueva Casa para el Padre y Yo

Well, it looks like I've got a new crib for The Daddler. He doesn't like the windows. I told him he doesn't get a vote. He'll like it when I till up a garden plot for him. Plenty of room for that. I'll like it when he starts producing his incredible tomatoes - my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

My girl Jo is working out the details - she has her real estate license and handles a very select few clients on top of her day job. So glad she's helping me - she knows her stuff. Stays cool. Unlike me - I'm an open book. But that's for another day.

Other highlights of my day: Had lunch with my best friend Donna. Hey, lemme just say. I have more than one best friend. They're all different, and they're all the best. I had a discussion with a very argumentative friend tonight about having favorites, like movies, books, etc. He said it was impossible to identify one favorite because that would mean the others weren't as good, and that how you feel about something might depend on the circumstances.

I explained that having a favorite is not a life-long commitment. And that you can have more than one favorite. Just like my GFs. Right now, I'd say my top three are Angela, Jolynna and Donna, but then I just remembered Lundy. And Melanie. So many more. I'm blessed with the best friends in the whole world.

Finally, the argumentative one and I agreed on one thing. We both like mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Also good today:

Did my weekly bill-paying gig at my church client and wrote myself a check for my February fees. Had fun there. My favorite little old lady, Bea, came by to sign checks. I swatted her sweet little ass like I always do. And gave her unmerciful hell. Like I always do. And she gave it right back. Gotta love her.

The D and I sat outside in the beautiful sunshine with our neighbors, Mary and Lamar. They're about his age. We talked about gardening, the weather, mother, and the awful windows at the new house. Oh, funny thing. There was the usual swarm of blackbirds up in the trees. I told them that when I see them at my house, I stomp my feet and clap my hands and they leave for a little while. Lamar walked over to his truck and pulled out a bottle rocket and shot it in the air. Big bang and it was Bye Bye Blackbirds! So much fun! Maybe that's what happened to those crazy birds in Arkansas. They must've gotten into a marijuana field or meth lab first. I hear those are all the rage in the rural areas of the mid-south. Hey, whatdya know - I've solved the bird mystery. I'm a regular Nancy Drew, I tell ya.

I ordered Steak-Out and had a $10 coupon I actually remembered AND found. Daddy had a ribeye and I had a cheeseburger. We also had a baked potato, grilled vegetables, salad, roll and chips. All for $16 bucks plus tip. Unbelievable. Plenty left over. Maybe D'll eat the other half of my chee-burger tomorrow.

Oh, the stock market was up big today. No small part of making my day such a good one.

And last of all, my fun convo with my argumentative friend. He's kinda hard to figure out. I think I might have to add a column for him on my special spreadsheet. No time to elaborate now, except to say that anyone who gets into my Excel files is pretty damn lucky. So dude, if you're reading this, don't feel like a lab rat, ok? Be flattered.

Oh, no, how did it get so late? Better get to bed. I have a feeling there'll be lots of sugarplums dancing in my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment