Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Friday, March 25, 2011

My New House

It's official. I've got a new crib. The closing went off without a hitch. Thanks to the one and only non-evil realtor in the world. Seriously, I used to think all realtors were greedy, pushy, snotty and nosy creatures. At one point, I had three realtor neighbors. Nest door, across the street and behind me. The one next door wasn't so bad.
But along came my girl JoJo. There's a very strange story about how we met. I'll have to blog about it soon. No time now. Client meeting at noon, and as usual, I've procrassed and there's so much to do.

After my meeting, I'll take The D over to take another look. I might take him to Lowe's to buy some plants for the barren flower beds. It's too early to plant tomatoes, so that'll have to wait. He's gonna love the new crib. I think he already does.

I'm thinking of having a few friends over tonight to see it. I can crank up the radio on the way cool, very retro intercom system. I can turn it up in any room in the house. Maybe I can get a geek friend to hook up a cd player. Add sub woofers. I could add a disco ball and strobe lights. That reminds me of another strange story. For later.

But I really should get busy. I'm sure I'll have lots more to tell and I'm so behind on my blogging. Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!
    May you have warm words
    on a cold evening,
    A full moon on a dark night,
    And the road downhill
    all the way to your door.
    (Irish blessing)
    I'll bring some:
    Bread - that this house may never know hunger.
    Salt - that life may always have flavor.
    Wine - that joy and prosperity may reign forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Wayne - you sweet-talkin' son of a gun. All you need to bring is some of your mama's pickled pigs feet and I'll fix some hot wings and a mess a greens. Don't bring that awful Mad Dog wine, though. You know how that stuff makes you mean. I'll get you a case of PBR or Nat Lite.
    I sure do wish you lived closer than Toad Suck. I heard Tyson's openin' a new plant in Greasy Corner. Why don't you see if they're hirin'. Just think - they might let you get chicken wings for cheap.
    Oh, it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so bring your four wheeler. There's a big field next to my house and we could go muddin'.

    ReplyDelete