Welcome to my world!

My life's been crazy since my Daddy moved in with me immediately after my mother's death in October 2010. My one and only kiddo headed to college at Carolina at the end of August. So...I lived on my own, for the first time in my life, for a total of a blissful six weeks. Then, I started the parenting gig with my dad. He's a combination of a grouchy old man, a surly teenager and a temperamental toddler. Needless to say, I get very close to the brink of insanity sometimes. I get through life by finding the humor in difficult circumstances. And for some reason, I wind up in the weirdest situations. I couldn't make this stuff up. So I wind up having lots and lots crazy adventures which make great stories to share with my friends. Writing about my life is so therapeutic. My ramblings range from funny to sad to angry (full of cuss words) to sweet. While my focus is dealing with the trials and tribulations of being a parent to my Daddy, I have lots of random, totally unrelated posts. Whatever's on my mind. I love to make people laugh, and I'm happy to think my readers will get my strange sense of humor. And maybe, people who are in my situation will be encouraged. That's all I can hope for...

Monday, March 14, 2011

Oh Shit!

I dodged a bullet. It was all my fault. I was leaving a VM for JoJo about her oyster party tonight. Next thing I knew, a big-ass SUV was ten feet away from T-Boning me. On my side. Shit. I slammed on my brakes (it was raining, but I think my AWD and anti-lock brakes saved the day), and the other guy did some great maneuver to avoid my dumb ass. I think he must've been one of those professional drivers who avoids dumb ass drivers on a closed course.

Poor JoJo. My VM went something like this: "Hey girlie. Let me know what to bring tonight. How's my beer supply? Text me when...SHIT..." At the next stoplight, I put my phone on airplane mode, and when I got to my client's office, I had a missed J-call. Texted her that I'd call when I left client's.

I'm a dumb-ass. I could blame it on my ADD, but that's all the more reason I need to remove distractions. I had two wrecks while my mother was in the hospital. I rear-ended a car at a stoplight. And slammed into a parked car at Laurelwood. My victims were very sweet, and the first one let me write a check instead of filing an insurance claim. It's a damn shame that my insurance premium is probably gonna be higher than my 19 year old kiddo's. Oh, well.

The cluster-fuck continued. One of those days. Nothing worked. Thank God Mikie was there to save the day. She wound up telling me to get the hell out and she'd do my job. I'm obsolete. Client loves it. Partly because her billing rate is lower. I need to get that non-compete done. So I left after a totally unproductive hour and a half.

Stopped at Rafferty's and got The D chicken tenders with a baked sweet potato. He loves it. Bartender gave me the NCAA brackets and I did my random selection. He wasn't around when I left so I'm $5 richer. Or less poor.

Now I'm going to try to redeem my wasted morning. Crank out some work before the oyster-fest. I think I'll just eat crab dip instead. You know what they say about oysters. That they can harbor dangerous toxins...

I have a feeling I'll have some good blog fodder for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment